Error -- 451 Could not load DRD -- What is it?
Fred
2004-04-07 14:36:15 UTC
Mail is not being delivered and returns this error:

stat=Deferred: 451 Could not load DRD

Does anyone know how to get rid of this error?

Sendmail 8.8.8+Sun/8.8.8;
Claus Aßmann
2004-04-07 15:16:56 UTC
Post by Fred
stat=Deferred: 451 Could not load DRD
Does anyone know how to get rid of this error?
Sendmail 8.8.8+Sun/8.8.8;
1. Upgrade to 8.12.11, versions older than 8.12.10 have security
problems: http://www.sendmail.org/

2. The error message
"Could not load DRD"
is not in the sendmail source code nor in the standard configurations
files. Which system generates it?
--
A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting.
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
Tilman Schmidt
2004-04-07 16:55:05 UTC
Post by Fred
stat=Deferred: 451 Could not load DRD
Does anyone know how to get rid of this error?
If you see this in your Sendmail server's logs then it is a message
your server received from another server it tried to deliver a mail
to. So any corrective action would have to be applied to that other
server.

In order to find out which server that is, look for the text "relay="
a little bit earlier in the same log entry. You'll also find the
intended recipient on the same line, marked by "to=", and you can then
try to contact either the recipient or the server administrator by
other means.

Example from a server I manage:

Apr 6 06:17:51 lx1 sendmail[14535]: i364HfrE014525:
to=<***@myjaring.net>, delay=00:00:10, xdelay=00:00:08,
mailer=esmtp, pri=163474, relay=mx.jaring.my. [61.6.32.150],
dsn=4.0.0, stat=Deferred: 452 4.4.5 Insufficient disk space; try again
later

This tells us that the server tried to deliver an E-mail message to
the address <***@myjaring.net>, but the MX server for the
domain myjaring.net, mx.jaring.my (IP address 61.6.32.150) sent the
error message: "452 4.4.5 Insufficient disk space; try again later"
during the SMTP dialogue. As error codes starting with "4" signal
temporary errors, mail delivery was deferred, ie. it will be tried
again later.
--
Tilman Schmidt E-Mail: ***@ePost.de
Bonn, Germany
In practice, there is.
Fred
2004-04-13 16:45:37 UTC
Thanks -- turned out to be a DS line problem in sendmail.cf

server:/etc/mail*> diff sendmail.cf.20040303 sendmail.cf.20040413
Password:
89c89,90
< DSmailhost.$m
---